When and Where
10-16 June 2018
I.G. Brown Air National Guard Training and Education Center
McGhee Tyson ANGB, Knoxville, Tennessee
$125.00 per person (does not include meals)
Refer to Student Handbook and Application Attachments located in the 'Publications' tab of this page.
- Transportation to and from the McGhee Tyson Airport will be available for all students arriving by commercial air. To arrange pick-up/drop-off transportation, complete the Travel Information and Transportation Form with your submitted application package.
- Transportation to and from the McGhee Tyson Airport will be available for all students flying in. Parking and fuel are available at TAC Air. To make arrangements with the FBO, call 865-970-9000. Unicom - 122.95
- Students planning to arrive by ground transportation should go to 400 Taylor Street, Louisville, TN 37777. On base speed limit is 25 MPH, unless otherwise posted. Please use extreme caution when traveling during the hours just before and just after the normal duty day. Drive carefully, wear seat belts, and be aware of other drivers on the roadways.
Advisory Transportation to and from such activity is not the responsibility of CAP and is provided "as available”. Transportation during the activity will NOT be provided. Privately owned vehicles (POVs) traveling to or from such activity is performed solely at the risk of the individual CAP members and their passengers.CAP assumes no right of control, liability or responsibility for such transportation (reference CAPR 77-1, Operation and Maintenance of Civil Air Patrol Vehicles, para 1-8 b.).
Lodging will be on the McGhee Tyson ANGB in the student dormitories. Reservation will be made on behalf of students. There is currently no lodging fees for RSC staff or students.
No earlier than 1500 hours and no later than 1800 hours 10 June 2017. Check in will be at the I. G. Brown School. The specific location (Building and street address) will be sent to all registered students prior to arrival.
Meals will be the responsibility of each student. McGhee Tyson ANGB hosts a dinning facility that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Students will have an opportunity to dine for meals, however it will be the responsibility of each student to make time to do so. The dinning facility is conveniently within walking distance of the dorms.
Meal rates: $10.45 a day (per person) subject to change after 1 January.
Dinner will be provided during the graduation banquet.
Uniform Of The Day
- General Courses - Class B, Service Dress Uniform (USAF or CAP)
- Graduation Banquet - Mess Dress or Class A, Service Dress Uniform (USAF or CAP). Guest are requested to dress in a suit or evening attire as appropriate.
Advisory The proper wear of the uniform is paramount during this in-residence school. Please take time to insure your uniform is in good serviceable condition and an accredit to you, your classmates, and the Civil Air Patrol to avoid any embarrassment. If you have any concerns or questions, refer to CAPM 39-1, CAP Uniform Manual or contact a resident adviser. No casual wear, CAP polo combinations, BDUs, or Flight Suits will be permitted.