When and Where
9 - 15 June 2019
I.G. Brown Air National Guard Training and Education Center
McGhee Tyson ANGB, Knoxville, Tennessee
$125.00 per person (does not include meals)
- Read and Understand all the information in the Student Handbook first.
- Complete the online registration form
- Complete CAPF 17, Application for Senior Member Activities and email to the college Director at LJulian@sercap.us.
- Transportation to and from the McGhee Tyson Airport will be available for all students arriving by commercial air. To arrange pick-up/drop-off transportation, complete the Travel Information and Transportation Form with your submitted application package.
- Transportation to and from the McGhee Tyson Airport will be available for all students flying in. Parking and fuel are available at TAC Air. To make arrangements with the FBO, call 865-970-9000. Unicom - 122.95
- Students planning to arrive by ground transportation should go to 400 Taylor Street, Louisville, TN 37777. On base speed limit is 25 MPH, unless otherwise posted. Please use extreme caution when traveling during the hours just before and just after the normal duty day. Drive carefully, wear seat belts, and be aware of other drivers on the roadways.
Advisory Transportation to and from such activity is not the responsibility of CAP and is provided "as available”. Transportation during the activity will NOT be provided. Privately owned vehicles (POVs) traveling to or from such activity is performed solely at the risk of the individual CAP members and their passengers.CAP assumes no right of control, liability or responsibility for such transportation (reference CAPR 77-1, Operation and Maintenance of Civil Air Patrol Vehicles, para 1-8 b.).
Lodging will be on the McGhee Tyson ANGB in the student dormitories. Reservation will be made on behalf of students. There is currently no lodging fees for RSC staff or students.
Student registration will be held from 1500 – 1600 on Sunday, 9 June 2019 on McGhee Tyson ANGB at the I. G. Brown Technical Education Center. The specific location (Building and street address) will be sent to all registered students prior to arrival.
Important Please make sure that you call home and give your family your room and phone number information. Let them know you have arrived at SERSC safely.
Daily Meals: You are responsible for your own meals, with the exception of the Sunday evening social and Friday Graduation Banquet. The dining facility is pay-as-you-go, cash only. There is an ATM at the base exchange and at the dining facility. Skipping a meal is permissible but not always healthy.
Dining facility: The facility is within walking distance of the school. See the section on Course Fees for current pricing. Meals will be the responsibility of each student. McGhee Tyson ANGB hosts a dining facility that serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The dining facility is conveniently within walking distance of the dorms.
Dinner will be provided during the graduation banquet.
Uniform Of The Day
- In Processing (Sunday) - Civilian attire. Wear of the CAP uniform is not required until 0630 on Monday.
- General Courses - Class B, Service Dress Uniform (USAF or CAP)
- Graduation Banquet - Mess Dress or Class A, Service Dress Uniform (USAF or CAP). Guest are requested to dress in a suit or evening attire as appropriate.
The proper wear of the uniform is paramount during this in-residence school. Please take time to ensure your uniform is in good serviceable condition and an accredit to you, your classmates, and the Civil Air Patrol to avoid any embarrassment. If you have any concerns or questions, refer to CAPM 39-1, CAP Uniform Manual
or contact a resident adviser. No casual wear, CAP polo combinations, BDUs, or Flight Suits will be permitted.