05-07 April 2013
Patrick AFB, Florida
The Southeast Region Cadet Competition is an annual event in which cadet color guard teams and cadet drill teams compete to represent the Southeast Region at the National Cadet Competition. The event consist of many areas of competition, from military drill performances, to athletic challenges, to academic evaluation.
- Must have completed achievement one
- Must be on eServices at the time of the competition
- Cadets 18 and over must have completed Cadet Protection Policy Training (CPPT)
- Must have completed level one and Cadet Protection Policy Training (CPPT)
- Must be on eServices at the time of the competition.
$10.00 per cadet. Checks or money orders ONLY. Checks are to be made payable to Civil Air Patrol. Fee includes a box lunch on Saturday for cadets competing and escorts. No shows will not be provided a refund.
Their is no fee for escort senior members or staff.
- Complete team roster and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 20 March 2013
- Bring application fees with you or make payment via Wing Banker system with team name information.
Staff members will be needed to support the competition in areas such as: judges, test proctors, time keepers, recorders, line judges, event marshallers, panel quiz moderator, photographers, and other duties. If you have a preference, please state so in an email to email@example.com . Please include those areas you are willing to help out with as well as a short resume of your experience with cadet competition so that appropriate placement can be made.
- Teams may bring spectators but are the full responsbility of the team.
- Any teams bringing spectators must notify the Project Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 22 March 2013 and provide information located at bottom of team roster in order to ensure entry authorization on to the base.
20 March 2013 - Teams must email their registration/team roster.
Transportation to and from such activity is not the responsibility of CAP and is provided "as available”. Privately owned vehicles travel to or from such activity is performed strictly at the member’s own risk (reference CAPR 77-1, para 6c and CAPR 52-16, para 8-10) and is not under CAP direction and control. Transportation during the activity will NOT be provided.
Hotel accommodations have been arranged at the rate of $79.99 per night for all Civil Air Patrol members (rate increases after 20 March 2013). Teams are responsible for their own reservations and payments . Be sure to inform the reservationist that you are in the Civil Air Patrol.
2930 Pineda Plaza Way
Melbourne, FL 32940
All events will take place at Patrick AFB, Florida - you will be provided a detail map at time of check in (hotel lobby) on Friday evening.
Friday - No meals will be provided.
- Breakfast will be available for a small fee at the base dinning facility (not included in application fee)
- Lunch will be provided via box lunch (included in application fee).
- Dinner will be available for a small fee at the base dining facility (not included in application fee)
Sunday - Breakfast will be available for a small fee at the base dinning facility (not included in application fee)
The activity will be completed prior to lunch.
Friday – Team shirts (or casual t-shirt of good taste) and blue jeans.
Saturday - Each team will be given a schedule on events at the time of check-in. This schedule of events will be used to determine what uniform will be worn throughout the course of the day's competition.
Sunday - Short sleeve blue shirt combination with ribbon and tie/tie-tabs for the awards ceremony.
Teams should bring all required equipment to perform in the competition as stated in the competition guidelines.
Teams will be judged in accordance with CAPM 52-4, dated 02 June 2009 . Any changes will be posted prior to 01 April 2013.
Change 1 – Leadership text for written exam and panel quiz questions (as applicable) will be from:
Learn to Lead - Module 1 & 2
Change 2 – Aerospace text for written exam and panel quiz questions (as applicable) will be from:
Aerospace Dimensions 2nd Edition – Modules 1 – 6
The teams are responsible for the following:
- Transportation to/from and during activity.
- A TEAM escort for all cadets, in accordance with the CPPT for overnight activities.
- Follow all CAP regulatory publications.
- Conduct of all members of their team, sponsors, and spectators.
- Booking hotel rooms at the provided hotel.
Team participants and staff will check in no earlier than 1900hrs and no later than 2200hrs 05 April 2013 at the Candlewood Suites lobby. Members checking in must be in uniform as perscribed and have their CAP Identification Card in hand.
Forward all questions or comments to the project officer, Maj David Leach at email@example.com.
**SPECIAL NOTICE** The location of this activity is at an Air Force Base. Due to the nature of current world situations, Civil Air Patrol activities are a non-priority to the world events. It is possible that our facilities at the AF Base will become unavailable to us. We will work as hard as we can to provide an alternate location.